If you have noticed inconsistent temperatures when the air conditioning is running, your HVAC system may benefit from air balancing. Air balancing is the process of optimizing an HVAC system to ensure that air conditioning outputs are consistent, and temperatures are comfortable in all rooms of the house or building.
we offers a solution-based approach to air balancing, as we have maximized the efficiency and comfort of hundreds of HVAC systems. This is the primary strength we bring to our projects.
PURPOSE OF AIR BALANCING
Do you feel a big change in temperature from one room to the next? Are their spots in the house or building that are warmer or colder than others? Air balancing aims to correct these types of airflow issues and evenly distribute temperatures throughout.
The process requires testing and modifying an existing HVAC system in order to deliver the optimal flow of air conditioning to every space in the building. Air balancing is an important part of planning large commercial construction projects, but the same principles can easily be applied to individual homes or apartment complexes.
In addition to improving the comfort levels during the summer months, air balancing may also help increase the air conditioning system’s efficiency, decrease energy bills and wear on HVAC components.
Requirement of HVAC duct cleaning and air-balancing
HVAC system circulates air. With the air sucked in and out at your workplace, great deal of contaminants and air pollutants,
such as dander, dust, and chemicals are deposited inside HVAC ducts, they may be contributing to larger health issues or
harboring contaminants that could cause serious problems for people with respiratory health conditions, autoimmune
disorders or some environmental allergies.
Air balancing is needed to properly direct the airflow in order to optimize the system’s design. Flow rates are tested, adjusted,
and balanced as cubic feet per minute (CFM) which maintains a uniform temperature at your workplace.
When an HVAC system is clean and balanced, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a
result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness.
Sources of Pollutants:
• Building Site and Location
• Carpet/Floor cleaning
• Fresh air inlet
• Human Breathing
• Dust and Germs
• Building Systems Design and Management
• Renovation Activities
• Local Exhaust Ventilation
• Building Material
AHU Room Cleaning & Sanitization.
Condensate drain pan Cleaning & Sanitization.
• Cleaning will be done with high pressure water
• For sanitization 1% sodium hypochlorite freshly prepared solution will be used
• Cleaning of AHU room/outer parts of Duct Plenum, Dampers and Fresh-Air, ReturnAir/Supply Duct, will be done using super cleaning robo brush (rotating brush
maintaining negative pressure) for dust removal.
• For sanitization either using UV treatment or EPA approved disinfectant solution will
• Before and after cleaning evidence will be captured with the help of inspection
robot and will shared along with completion report.
Fresh Air – Requirement Analysis
• Actual CFM of Fresh-air available and being consumed will be measured.
• As per the recommendations by ISHRAE regarding minimum fresh air volume of 3 cum/hour per person
and 3.75 cum per hour per sqm (5 cfm per person and 0.6 cfm per sq ft), will be calculated Floor/AHU wise.
• The shortfall in Fresh Air requirement will be achieved by our expert tea. Some of the methods are
mentioned as below:
1. Fresh Air duct/opening size can be increased subject to site conditions.
2. Forced Fresh-Air with the help of inline fan can be injected to the system.
3. On shop floors/rooms/working space, exhaust system can be implanted to achieve negative pressure
which will eventually increase the Fresh-air.
• Filtration unit will be advised and installed at Fresh-air entry to minimize the dust/debris intake, as per the
recommendations from ISHRAE.
ADVANTAGES OF AIR BALANCING
- Increase Energy Efficiency
- Longer Lifespan for HVAC Equipment
- Improved Comfort Levels
- Better Air Quality